How Wash Windows Like a ProSarah Jo
There are few chores around the house that are as loathed as window washing. But it doesn’t have to be this way! With the right process, you can wash windows like a pro and we have compiled these handy window washing tips to help! So, gather up your supplies and follow these same tips that our local window care experts follow with our own windows!
- Fill your bucket no more than half full with cold or room temperature water. Hot water is really no more effective for cleaning and it will evaporate faster. Add a squirt of detergent and suds the water up slightly.
- Wet your rag or cleaning mop in the sudsy water and wash the window down to remove any dirt or grime. For stubborn dirt and gunk use a scraper to work the caked on grime free and wash again as needed.
- Next on the list of window washing tips is to use the squeegee on the window to remove any remaining dirt and to wipe the water away so the windows do not get spotty. The best local window care experts know that the squeegee is one of the most important tools for window cleaning and you get what you pay for so do not try to clean windows with a cheap poorly made squeegee!
- After you have squeegeed the windows you will need to wipe down the edges to get the last few drips of water off the window. That’s where a nice micro-fibre cloth comes in. Wipe the windows with a dry cloth- be sure to switch out to a new dry cloth when one becomes too wet or you will just be streaking the windows up again.
- With regular hand towel or rag, wipe any water drips on the floor or windowsill. Don’t water the micro-fibre cloths here as they can get very dirty very quickly!
- For small specks remaining, rub with your clean towels until they are gone. Of the window washing tips professionals follow, taking the time to finish with a final buffing is one of the best ways to ensure a clean, streak-free window that almost seems to disappear!
- Now all you have to do is repeat this process and do the same thing on both sides of every window in your home that you want clean.
So now with these professional window washing tips in hand, you are ready to make one of the most dreaded chores much easier and even more enjoyable. For more tips and ideas or for help with any of your window needs, contact our team of local window care experts today and let us help you get and maintain windows that are the talk of the town!